Wilderplace is a puzzle-adventure game set within the Divine Garden, an idyllic creation of the gods that has plunged into chaos and conflict. You play as a shaman, tasked with restoring order through your magical abilities. Explore the maze-like environment, harness magical artifacts, and uncover mysteries as you wrangle restless spirits and evade dangerous intruders.
Wilderplace was created by Saman Bemel Benrud, with the help of friends Micah Fitch and Tom Lubanovic. Development started in 2019 as an indie side project and turned into a full-time endeavor in 2021.
- 150+ interconnected puzzles (10-15 hours of play time)
- Unique turn-based puzzle gameplay where you help rather than fight
- 10+ NPCs with their own goals and abilities, leading to emergent interactions
- Multiple controller support (mouse, keyboard, touchscreen, gamepad)
- Fully hand-drawn art (2,000+ individual pencil drawings)
- Dynamic retro synth soundtrack
Wilderplace Trailer — YouTube
Wilderplace Gameplay — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
- Steam keys are available upon request. Please contact me via e-mail.
- Saman Bemel Benrud allows for the contents of Wilderplace to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Wilderplace is legally & explicitly allowed by Saman Bemel Benrud.
About the Developer
- Saman Bemel Benrud is an independent artist and game designer. Prior to Wilderplace, he worked for over a decade in tech while moonlighting as a comic artist and illustrator. His short story dumb dog was a 2017 Best American Comics notable title, and his graphic novel Abyss was a 2014 Best American Comics notable title.
- More information
- Comics, illustrations and other projects can be found at trashmoon.com
- Saman Bemel Benrud
- Project Lead, Design, Art, Story, Programming
- Micah Fitch
- Sound, Music, Programming
- Tom Lubanovic
- Level Design, Story, Marketing